- SSDs are noticeably faster. Your computer will start faster, your files will open faster and copying & saving files will be faster. Significantly!
- SSDs are much tougher, with no moving parts they are much less likely to fail. No more replacing broken HDDs.
- SSDs are completely quiet, produce very little heat (making a laptop cooler), do not fragment and their data cannot be erased by magnets.
- Option 1: If you want speed, but don't need much storage, get a 240GB SSD or a 500GB SSD.
- Option 2: If you want speed, but also want storage, get a 500GB or a 1TB SSD and a 4TB HDD. I would then put Windows 10 and your favourite programs on the SSD and map all your data to the HDD.
A lot of high end laptops that you buy today come with a 256GB SSD. So this is fast, but it's storage is a bit too small. Also a lot of computer desktops/towers only come with a slower HDD. Here at Computer Champ, I supply laptops with a 500GB or 1TB SSD. I also supply towers with a SSD and with an optional large HDD.
(If you can afford the higher end brand Samsung, then the SSD will likely be even faster and last much longer too. A really good SSD will use features like Trim, Garbage Collection, MLC or 3D NAND).